Sunday 25 November 2007

Paprika



Director:
Satoshi Kon
Overall Rating: 9

Impression: Just got back from watching, maybe it was the big screen, which makes all emotions seem larger but the movie still makes my knees wobble. As I stood on the bus stop I was afraid to breath, fearing that something important will disappear. Some bits (very few, might I add!) were slow but the procession, the tension, the animation and the story more than made up for it. As with any movie, i also got teary at one point))
It was so scary, so beautiful, so touching and both the protagonists and the antagonists were right to some extent. It made you doubt what is really real, what is really right. Made me jealous that I will never be able to create something like that, after all - it has already been made by Kon.