Sunday 11 March 2007

Bleach ep 118


The Arrancar invasion into the human world continues and the main fight of the episode is Madarame Ikkaku vs Arrancar Thirteen, Edorad Leones.
To start off I have to mention that this is one of my favourite parts in the entire manga, Ikkaku’s fight to be precise, so naturally I expected a lot from the anime. I wasn’t disappointed. Seiyuu were marvellous, you could really sense the tension in Yumichika (gods, I sound as though I’m describing sex with them -_-) The bit where Ikkaku releases his bankai is a bit too colourful for my tastes but it still came out nicely since Ikkaku looks very much like a demon there. The animation seems very good in this one. I mean, I’m not an expert but it seemed to be nicely done (even though the periodically appearing blue background is annoying). In some bits the frames twitch too roughly, but I think that was the whole idea. And Yumichika isn't a drag-queen even though he looks the same as ever the whole 'feeling' coming from him is comepletely different, he knows the Ikkaku might die but he won't help because that's not the way they do things.
Also am very happy since I got to hear a new battle theme. I adore the soundtracks and can’t wait for the lovely lovely people to release another one.
The episode showed the famous blood-thirst of the Zaraki Tai and along with the next one will also show the twisted but also very touching honour of the 11th division.Will roll on floor wiggling with joy while waiting for the next episode so that I could cry huge rivers.

No comments: